One Note for Android how can I email a note?

Anonymous
2015-01-28T14:33:38+00:00

I don't see anyway to be able to email a note directly from One Note for android!  To me this is a HUGE overlook on Microsofts part.  The apple version allows you to email a note as a .pdf attachment, why on earth would the android version not support this? The idea being that if I create a note, or a list on the device, I have to sync, then go to a desktop (or apple device), to be able to print, email, or share it....is there any future plans for supporting sharing in android?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-01-29T11:00:42+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft OneNote Community.

As of now there is no option to print/email/share in OneNote for Android.

Thank you for your feedback. Microsoft is committed to continuously improving your experience with our products. We listen to all feedback and consider it for future releases.

Our product team will review your suggestion and may consider them for future release of updates.

You may provide feedback regarding this missing features using the In-App function in OneNote for Android.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-09T01:03:01+00:00

    Agree with comments.   This is a pretty epic fail / oversight.    Always frustrates me.   Love the app, hate my notes being trapped.   Fortunately for me I do have a Surface that syncs it all over from my phone.  BUT - when I try to send one of my notes from the Surface One Note app via email it doesn't embed any images properly.   Second Fail.   

    EDIT:

    Only fair to give a little more detail in case MSFT wants to address.

    On my surface I am using the One NOTE app ( not the full blown program).   I like the simplicity of the app,  however it seems to be missing some important functionality.    After creating my Note,  there is no "export" button,  but there is an easy share button.  Hit Share and you have several choices.  Emails being the obvious one --  I choose email,  it opens Microsoft Mail and attaches the note but the images don't work.   You see a message that reads "the linked image can not be displayed,  it may have been moved, deleted....blah blah blah!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-09T04:06:43+00:00

    I recently completed feedback on this issue. Like the latest poster I too have a surface but use OneNote 2016 so while I can create notes on my Samsung Note 4 they must be shared using my Surface.

    The OneNote ecosystem is simply flaky has been my conclussion. They probably have independent teams working on the different versions of OneNote, the only requirement is being able to open and add to the file format, not add WHAT.

    Whomever leads the OneNote project should be fired and someone hired who will layout a single set of requirements for everything. For example, being able to SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAN YOUR OWN COPY OF ONENOTE seems to be a basic, needed requirement.

    And, while you're at it. Why does my Surface using OneNote 2016 lose the ability to take pictures into notes when I move from the Metro app? Makes no sense. Another obvious and silly oversight.

    Get someone overseeing the project that has a single, consistent vision of the OneNote family of products who can help shape it into something useful. Right now MetaMoji notes is a better choice than OneNote, and that's pretty sad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-18T03:38:03+00:00

    Add me to the list of people who simply cannot wrap their mind around this function not being there. The whole point of OneNote is to be connected wherever I go. Not being able to share my notes is insane. It cuts me off from people. I don't know what Microsoft is thinking, but decisions like this are why I left Windows Phone, and have been slowly shifting all my devices and services away from Microsoft. It just doesn't even make sense at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments