I could not have put this better myself.
When are companies going to realise that we, as paying customers, can no longer be put off with "Copy and Paste" responses?
This issue has been on going for 18 months - what exactly have the developers been doing in that time?
I have not seen any new functionality that will have taken that long.
And why is it that iOS gets things developed and Android doesn't - especially when there are many times more Android devices than iOS?
Pull your finger out Microsoft - get the email functionality developed!!
I've spent a fair amount of time reading several threads regarding the lack of "sharing" in OneNote, and the one thing I haven't seen discussed is "security". MS is likely the most PARANOID tech company on the planet, and (not trying to make excuses) I'm
sure it's for good reason, but tight security always trades for functionality, development cost & speed to boot.
It's not a stretch to see where the amount of security MS builds into its software might prevent them from including a "share" feature.
Also, just look at the size of the App itself compared to others in your Android App drawer. It's not big, it's enormous!
OneNote = 345MB
For reference, my next largest App is Webster's Unabridged Dictionary & Thesaurus (Offline Version) = 245MB
I can't understand why it's so big considering that it's useful, but doesn't really do all THAT much. Adding a "share" feature could give Johnny Mnemonic the ~Black Shakes~.
The fact is that the overwhelming majority of users don't password protect their notes, and don't give a rip about SHA-256/512bit security on their shopping lists. Perhaps MS could offer up a "secure" version that doesn't allow sharing, and a "standard"
one that allows sharing. How hard would that be? (Give customers options?? Fascinating! Go on... Please tell me more!)
To reiterate, I'm speculating about security being the culprit, but it stands to reason it's at least part of the challenge considering I can't open my PW protected pages using the Android App either. I have a few PW protected pages created using OneNote
2016 that I'm unable to open using the Android App, but that's not as big an issue as not being able to share my O'Notes from my phone with my wife, etc.
Com'on, Microsoft... If you won't listen to your customers, please, at least listen to The Kinks:
Silly boy ya' self-destroyer.
Paranoia, the destroyer
Self-destroyer, wreck your health
Destroy friends, destroy yourself
The time device of self-destruction...
XOXOXO~ Crass