One Note for Android how can I email a note?

Anonymous
2015-01-28T14:33:38+00:00

I don't see anyway to be able to email a note directly from One Note for android!  To me this is a HUGE overlook on Microsofts part.  The apple version allows you to email a note as a .pdf attachment, why on earth would the android version not support this? The idea being that if I create a note, or a list on the device, I have to sync, then go to a desktop (or apple device), to be able to print, email, or share it....is there any future plans for supporting sharing in android?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-01-29T11:00:42+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft OneNote Community.

As of now there is no option to print/email/share in OneNote for Android.

Thank you for your feedback. Microsoft is committed to continuously improving your experience with our products. We listen to all feedback and consider it for future releases.

Our product team will review your suggestion and may consider them for future release of updates.

You may provide feedback regarding this missing features using the In-App function in OneNote for Android.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-19T10:11:11+00:00

    Seriously, Microsoft is doing EVERYTHING to avoid people using this app.

    I paid for Office365 just to make sure that all my note taking and office apps could interact to each other, until I realize that I cannot even share my notes. 

    Reason why I preferred another solution from a concurrent company which I can share directly through mail and even whatsapp or MMS.

    In the modern world, all that counts are speed and sharing. If I find out that One Note is slower and not sharing-friendly, all I can do is opting out.

    Not just me, a lot more here is doing the same. 

    Stop asking us to request developers to integrate this function, we are not their managers!

    We are just clients, and as clients, we judge whether an application is useful or not. If it is, we use it, if not, we don't. 

    And if we paid for something we should have functions to but finally we don't, we feel cheated. 

    And we are angry.

    Please, if any One Note managers read this message, request your engineers to include the quick sharing functions on the notes themselves.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-14T00:31:53+00:00

    Hi,

    As of now, that option is unavailable. We suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in the OneNote UserVoice forum for Android so that the developers will try to implement it in the future updates to enhance user experience.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-12T16:27:39+00:00

    This is crazy ---- no way to email a note ?!

    Oh, well .... at least you can "Select All", "Copy" and then paste it into an email message (or wherever you wish).

    ... wait ..... you cannot "Select All" either? good lord.

    Why do we even need to mention that behavior like this in a modern program is unacceptable?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-11T18:11:52+00:00

    Spoke to a group of users I support about the wonders of Onenote.  Got them excited about it, only to learn that afterwards none of them could share their notes with their Android phones that we issue them. Talk about a dud. It's assumed functionality at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments