Excel 2013 "Calculation is incomplete. Recalculate before saving?"

Anonymous
2014-01-02T22:52:06+00:00

I have a dual-boot laptop and desktop, each w/Office 2010 on Windows 7 and Office 2013 in Windows 8.1 .


On both computers, in Excel 2013 [win 8.1], when I make any changes to a file dialog box with "Calculation ..." as outlined in the title of this msg appears.

If I click Yes, the box just reappears with every click.

If I click No, nothing happens and the file is not saved.

Nothing else can be done, and I need to exit the file without saving.


This occurs *after* making numerous changes to sophisticated files, so has become a major problem.


The workaround on both computers -- use the same files in Office 2010 in Windows 7, and the issue does not occur. Ever.


Currently Office 2013 is not usable due to this issue.

Please advise as to the problem, and especially the solution.


Thank you,

- Mik




Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-28T08:16:05+00:00

    HI mik, 

    i have read your all discussion. The same problem i had. The easiest solution of this error to just save this file in macro enable book and then go to option formula tab and check on manual and un check the recalculate book before saving. Your File will be saved with out of any error.

    Hope this Will Help You 

    MaK-DoM_Ali

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-25T14:30:37+00:00

    I'll just post a link to it here:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7tcp1s45ehwde4/Server%20Deployments.xlsm?dl=0

    The bug is not consistent, but it only happens when conditional formatting is used that references custom VBA functions.  It also is limited to Excel 2013.  Excel 2010 had absolutely no problems with the conditional formatting w/ VBA code that the above spreadsheet uses.

    On this spreadsheet that means only columns F & L are involved.  The VBA function for column F will highlight it yellow if more than one IP address is present.  Column L will highlight yellow if its IP address isn’t 1 higher than the IP address in column F.

    To trigger the bug try changing an IP address, then press CTRL+Z to undo the change.  That action (or some other edits) may trigger the bug. You may notice that a bunch of highlighted cells suddenly are not highlighted.  If you scroll way up and then back down, they may return to being highlighted.  When you try to save when cells are not highlighted as they should be, you will get the “calculation incomplete” message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-06T16:39:00+00:00

    I have the same problem with only one page in a macros workbook that a coworker built in 2010....it only happens on tab. I am thinking it is one type of formula that excel 2013 does not like

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-04T14:25:50+00:00

    Yes, Auto Calc is always on.

    It is *not* an Auto Calc issue.

    This problem is specific to Excel 2013, I can't be the only person who is experiencing it.

    One example of when the problem occurs..

     - Two sheets are copied to a new workbook [Book1.xlsm] from a large file.

     - I hit CTRL-C to copy, then Paste Special/Values.

    As soon as I hit OK on the Paste Values, the "Calculation..." error happens.

    Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

     - Mik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-01-03T11:06:44+00:00

    Hi Mik,

    Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

    Does the issue occur with all Excel files or a particular file?

    Also mention the format of Excel file? Is it .xls or .xlsx format?

    Let us refer to the following thread which discusses a similar issue and check if it helps:

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/f7a0238f-f454-4760-a255-a16fc66b7aac/incomplete-calculation-recalculate-before-save-help?forum=exceldev

    I hope this fixes the issue. If you still have issues, you may reply and we’ll be happy to help you.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments