"Feature appears to be broken" - Cannot Repair (Help)

Anonymous
2014-05-15T10:46:12+00:00

I have recently bought Microsoft Office 365 University. 

After installing it correctly, I went to access Microsoft Word. While loading the program the notification came up: "We're sorry but this feature appears to be broken and needs to be repaired. Use the programs and features option in the windows control panel to repair Microsoft office".

After clicking "OK" the program loaded and then this notification popped up: 

I proceed afterwards to try both the quick repair, and the long repair options that Microsoft has to offer, and have no luck fixing my problem. 

I can not find help on the faq, or support services. 

Any useful information would be appreciated, thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-12-07T00:21:07+00:00

Had the same problem either. After check  to support.office.com its says there 4 add-in that may cause the problem:

ABBYY FineReader, Broadcom Send-to-Bluetooth, Intel Send-to-Bluetooth, and KingSoft’s PowerWord. I just uninstalled WPS KingSoft and this buggy message things gone for goods.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-05-22T11:46:44+00:00

Hi,

Try the steps below and check the result:

You may run the fix it tool mentioned in the link below to remove the traces of Office completely from the computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Once the traces are removed, restart the computer and reinstall the Office suite.

Let us know the result.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2017-03-15T20:33:04+00:00

I am now at my wits end with microsoft, I have installed Office 365 and paid the fee, to find I now cannot get access after endless attempts all afternoon, it appears it needs some repair. Is there a solution.

If you also have WPS Office installed, as mentioned by other posters here, you may want to try uninstalling it.

For instructions on repairing Microsoft Word, see "Repair an Office application" at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-22T01:16:05+00:00

    I also agree that un installing wps writer fixed this bug for me YAY :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-30T08:07:59+00:00

    I also uninstalled WPS office and this has fixed the problem.  Next time I will read teh end of the article as I started at the beiginning.  Things do not always go simply for me using the computer, but htis has worked! Yippee!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments