A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
As indicated, I am using 14.4.7, which presumably includes whatever fixes were part of 14.4.1.
Never made a difference.
Unlike what some people are describing, my cursor does not disappear COMPLETELY. It just becomes much more difficult to follow because it stays off for much longer inside tables whenever I do anything in tables (typing, using cursor keys, etc.).
It's been an ongoing problem with Word for OS X. To give you an idea, it all started in Word 2004:
http://www.betalogue.com/2004/06/28/word-2004-more-on-disappearing-i-beam-cursor/
That particular situation (using cursor keys immediately after pasting) still occurs in Word 2011, a decade later. But it's only one particular context where the cursor temporarily disappears.
The most obvious problem in Word 2011 is inside tables and text frames. The cursor does not disappear altogether. It's just that whenever I do anything (type, use cursor keys, etc.) it takes much longer to start blinking again. For someone who tends to type and work fast like me, this is highly annoying.
Pierre
--
BETALOGUE - Weblog at http://www.betalogue.com | @betalogue