A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Version of Word?
If 365 please give release or build number.
I think that is****8730.2127 from what I can see in control panel
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
About 2/3 of the time, my Microsoft Word autocapitalizes the letter i in front of words, much like it would for the word "I"; so a sentence might read "I was walking In the park, where I met my friend John Inside the cafe", capitalizing In and Inside. I can go back and correct it and it doesn't recapitalize but it's really annoying, and I can't figure out how to disable it.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Version of Word?
If 365 please give release or build number.
I think that is****8730.2127 from what I can see in control panel
Version of Word?
If 365 please give release or build number.
No way!
Brand new computer running Word 2016 for the first time (prior to this computer I was running Word 2010 and did not have the problem).
I had to search the internet to even find where the AutoCorrect settings were!
The "i" setting WAS a default (and a dumb one...)
Hi Podo121 - I can't seem to find the setting you refer to please could you post a screen grab of the fix: new Word install this week and it is driving me insane having to correct this
This is not a default setting. You must have added these words yourself.
Nope - I have just installed Word on a new laptop this week and have never seen this problem until now but at the moment I am having the exact same issue with random capitalisation of "I" at the beginning of words. Will attempt solution proposed by Podo121 (thanks)
That is indeed what is happening to me. (Or, as that sentence would likely appear in Word, "That is Indeed what is happening to me.")