Import Powerpoint into Onenote and all slides end up under same note.

Anonymous
2014-02-27T21:20:51+00:00

I am using Onenote and Powerpoint 2013.

I have selected under Advanced Options to split long print outs into individual notes in OneNote.  This was working fine when i dragged PowerPoint presentations into onenote.  The slides would get put into individual notes as i would expect as i had this option selected.

All of a sudden today, i dragged a powerpoint into onenote, and the slides all get lumped into one note.  119 slides all under the same note.  I want them to go into individual notes as it did before.  I went to options, advanced, turned the Printouts insert long printouts on multiple pages, off then tried again, then on and tried again, i tried rebooting, everything.  It always comes back the same.  No matter what i select, when i drag powerpoint into Onenote, it ends up all on the same page.  I tried going to Powerpoint and selecting print to Onenote.  I tried every option.  Still same result, all slides end up in same page in onenote.  What happened?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-27T22:22:05+00:00

    I am experiencing this same issue, however, for me it occurs when printing PDF documents to OneNote.  I also checked and unchecked the option in Advanced settings, rebooted, tried printing from different programs, and even tried repairing my Office installation, all to no avail.  I believe this problem started after installing the office service pack yesterday.  If anyone has a solution please let me know, if not, this is something Microsoft needs to fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-27T23:19:57+00:00

    I noticed my computer running an update as well.  I use this feature daily, and it just stopped working.  I suspected it was related to an update also.

    This is very annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-28T12:40:11+00:00

    I also tried to install visio from the Microsoft web site right before this stopped working.  Could this be related?

    Is this feature working for anyone running Windows 8.1?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-28T17:23:02+00:00

    It was definitely the update.  I uninstalled the service pack and it is not printing to separate pages.  Hopefully Microsoft works on a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-04T17:12:47+00:00

    Hello,

    Let us check if Office 365/2013 Service pack is installed on the computer.

    You may refer to the section ‘How to tell if you have SP1 installed' in the following article and see if it helps:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_sustained_engineering/archive/2014/02/25/announcing-the-release-of-service-pack-1-for-office-2013-and-sharepoint-2013.aspx

    Do get back to us with the results so that we may assist you further.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments