Import Powerpoint into Onenote and all slides end up under same note.

Anonymous
2014-02-27T21:20:51+00:00

I am using Onenote and Powerpoint 2013.

I have selected under Advanced Options to split long print outs into individual notes in OneNote.  This was working fine when i dragged PowerPoint presentations into onenote.  The slides would get put into individual notes as i would expect as i had this option selected.

All of a sudden today, i dragged a powerpoint into onenote, and the slides all get lumped into one note.  119 slides all under the same note.  I want them to go into individual notes as it did before.  I went to options, advanced, turned the Printouts insert long printouts on multiple pages, off then tried again, then on and tried again, i tried rebooting, everything.  It always comes back the same.  No matter what i select, when i drag powerpoint into Onenote, it ends up all on the same page.  I tried going to Powerpoint and selecting print to Onenote.  I tried every option.  Still same result, all slides end up in same page in onenote.  What happened?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-29T11:43:52+00:00

    My Work around

    I have a windows 7 laptop and I am sharing my onenote file with my Surface using OneDrive. 

    If I print a presentation in PowerPoint that has say 25 slides, they all get dumped into 1 note in OneNote.

    If I add a bunch of blank slides to the end of my presentation in PowerPoint to bring the slide count up to 51 slides and then print to OneNote, the slides are correctly split into individual notes in OneNote.   I can then just delete all the blank notes in OneNote.

    So for printing from PowerPoint at least, the feature still seems to work if you have a large enough presentation. (somewhere around >50 pages - maybe less).

    Dave

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-27T20:14:03+00:00

    I'm having the same issue, every time I import printouts from PDF or PPT they are being put under the same page, I prefer so much the old system, each page/slide under its own page/subpage. I also noticed how the problem started this week, after a Office update so probably something was not coded correctly in the update.

    I hate when bugs break something working after an Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-27T06:19:35+00:00

    Can you perhaps give us a time frame for a hot fix, especially for Office 365. I have no way to uninstall the update! (As you know.) Oddly enough, I'm in the midst of the MOAC Windows Server 2012 series, and I must have the slides on separate pages for my note-taking. Is there any temporary fix such as the Print Manager for OneNote 2010? (See link below from blogs.msdn.com)

    *Printout Manager* for *OneNote 2010* - *OneNote* Tips & Tricks

    I should hope that we, the Office 365 users, will somehow be informed of a fix.

    Thank you...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-26T18:42:48+00:00

    This has rendered Onenote completely useless for me and fellow students with me in Med school.  Please emphasize the need for this to be fixed immediately with the Onenote programmers. 

    Inconvenient doesn't even begin to describe this problem.

    I too am in medical school and rely on OneNote for my classes. This is a huge problem, it has completely broken OneNote. The main feature we needed in OneNote was the hierarchical organization system, being able to quickly jump between notebooks, sections, and pages. 

    Putting 120+ powerpoint slides into one "page" just makes that completely worthless. I'm better off just trying to annotate slides on powerpoint itself.

    Please fix this immediately or provide a workaround so that we can uninstall whatever update caused this mess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-26T18:29:05+00:00

    Yeah. This makes OneNote a lot more inconvenient for taking notes in medical school. Unfortunately, I can't uninstall the SP1 update because then it'll show that I'm not "up to date with the updates" and will not be able to log onto my school's wireless network.

    Please fix this problem asap.

    In the exact same situation with the network security at my med school, leaving me chained to the SP1 update. We really shouldn't have to delete it for OneNote to work again though, it's been a month now since this problem came up.

    Mr. Escapa-- how is the investigation going?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments