Where has autocorrect gone in Word 365?

Anonymous
2013-07-09T23:23:33+00:00

Presumably through an oversight, Microsoft has very annoyingly dropped autocorrect from the right click menu on spelling errors. Does anyone know how to get it back? Probably not - I have researched it and found no answers. However a good work around is to add Autocorrect options to the quick access toolbar which is almost as good. Microsoft - please bring back right click autocorrect in the next version of Word/Office.

Also if you're reading this, please also reduce the spaces between icons in the QAT - it is annoying that I can't fit as many on one page width as I could in 2010. Sad that it is not nearly as good as the 2003 QAT on which you could fit as many rows as you wanted!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Charles Kenyon 171.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-05-25T13:15:06+00:00

    Just to be sure that we are all on the same page, here is information about the Startup Folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-25T12:53:28+00:00

    Thanks - that's what I did, the same as the previous one, and unfortunately it didn't do anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-05-25T12:45:36+00:00

    I believe it is a template (*.dotm) file. You need to put it in Word's Startup folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-25T11:50:41+00:00

    I had assumed that it was a template file like the previous one. I will go back and work through the instructions at a later date - running out of time today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-05-25T11:42:10+00:00

    Did you follow the instructions carefully? See also http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/installing_employing_macros.html.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments