Where has autocorrect gone in Word 365?

Anonymous
2013-07-09T23:23:33+00:00

Presumably through an oversight, Microsoft has very annoyingly dropped autocorrect from the right click menu on spelling errors. Does anyone know how to get it back? Probably not - I have researched it and found no answers. However a good work around is to add Autocorrect options to the quick access toolbar which is almost as good. Microsoft - please bring back right click autocorrect in the next version of Word/Office.

Also if you're reading this, please also reduce the spaces between icons in the QAT - it is annoying that I can't fit as many on one page width as I could in 2010. Sad that it is not nearly as good as the 2003 QAT on which you could fit as many rows as you wanted!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-18T23:37:43+00:00

    Huge thank you to Greg for the latest version of the autocorrect template, which is now working a treat on my computers.

    Regards,

    Elizabeth Hojlund

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-27T08:21:42+00:00

    Yes! Yes! Yes! I can't believe it! I HAVE AUTOCORRECT BACK!

    You were right: I had both versions installed in the STARTUP folder, just deleted the 2013, and... AutoCorrect appeared with all its wonderful menu to the right!

    Thank you Greg Maxey! It's wonderful; works like a marvel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-26T23:07:51+00:00

    Greg (and others) I installed the Word 2016 version from your site (towards the bottom) - "Word 2016 AutoCorrect Restored Again": see

    http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/customize_shortcut_menu.html

    on my wife's 365/2016 system. Works fine.

    Hope you can persuade Microsoft to fix it soon. Shouldn't be rocket science!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-26T12:23:07+00:00

    Shultzie,

    The Word 2016 addition is the one that addresses the empty square that developed after a recent update.  The 2013 version used to work in both 2013/2016 versions.  Therefore ensure the 2016 version is the only one that you have loaded.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-05-26T07:30:32+00:00

    I had the same yesterday, and Greg emailed me a brand sparkly new version that does work. I thought he had put it up on his site - if you contact him through the web form he is very good about getting in touch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments