Where has autocorrect gone in Word 365?

Anonymous
2013-07-09T23:23:33+00:00

Presumably through an oversight, Microsoft has very annoyingly dropped autocorrect from the right click menu on spelling errors. Does anyone know how to get it back? Probably not - I have researched it and found no answers. However a good work around is to add Autocorrect options to the quick access toolbar which is almost as good. Microsoft - please bring back right click autocorrect in the next version of Word/Office.

Also if you're reading this, please also reduce the spaces between icons in the QAT - it is annoying that I can't fit as many on one page width as I could in 2010. Sad that it is not nearly as good as the 2003 QAT on which you could fit as many rows as you wanted!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-05-25T11:42:10+00:00

    Did you follow the instructions carefully? See also http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/installing_employing_macros.html.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-25T11:25:38+00:00

    Old version of Greg's add in now only produces a small blank square next to AutoCorrect. I have deleted it and tried the new version but it doesn't seem to do anything. Sigh.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-05-22T20:16:41+00:00

    Greg Maxey's add-in that restores the AutoCorrect command to the context menu when the insertion point is inside a word marked as a spelling error can be downloaded from

    http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_resources/customize_shortcut_menu.zip.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-22T19:45:04+00:00

    Sadly, this template no longer works. I just get a little empty square and when I close the word document I'm asked if I want to save changes to the autocorrect template????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T17:52:45+00:00

    When getting to the specific address, on the way I see several folders whose icon appear semi transparent. Does that mean it's showing the hidden or that they are system files?

    If it's not showing them, how do I get Windows/Word to show them?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments