convert mail merge documents to individual pdf docs

Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:37:50+00:00

I created a mail merge using Word 2010.  It is several documents combined into one large Word file with section breaks.  It is many pages long.

I need to convert it into individual pdf documents.  I have used the vba code bleow with pdf creator with some success.  I now need to do the same thing with E-Copy 5.3

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

    Dim Letters As Long, Counter As Long

    Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

    'MsgBox "Sections counted = " & Letters

    Counter = 1

    While Counter < Letters

        ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

            From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)

        Counter = Counter + 1

    Wend

End Sub

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-24T08:53:51+00:00

    Doug

    "You can download the MergeTools – 20130627 Add-in that I created from the following page of my Windows Live SkyDrive:"

    It's now [24th March 2015] dated "20150309"

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-03-24T09:48:58+00:00

    I have made some updates to it and the current version is 20150309.

    In recent posts, I have also expanded the notes on its use.

    The requirements for using the system are:

    1. The mail merge main document must be of the Letter type, though that does not mean that the output cannot be sent as an e-mail message.
    2. For the Many To One, Merge with Attachments and Merge to Individual Docs utilities, the data source may be either a table or query in an Access database, or in the form of an Excel worksheet and that worksheet must be the first sheet in the Excel workbook. If the data is on some other sheet, you can easily move that sheet so that it is the first sheet in the workbook by clicking on the sheet tab and dragging it to the left.  For the Chart Merge utility, download the Mail Merging with Charts document that is also on that page of my OneDrive for additional requirements of the data source for use with that utility
    3. For a data source in the form of an Excel worksheet, the field names must be in the first row of the worksheet and there must be a field name in all of the cells in that row that are within the range of columns that contain the data.
    4. For both types of data source, the field names must contain only alphanumeric characters (No @,#,$,%,&,(,), etc) and the field names must not start with a numeric character (0-9).

    For a data source in the form of an Excel worksheet, the data must start in the second row of the worksheet and there should be no empty rows within the range of data that is to be processed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-16T06:59:55+00:00

    You can download the MergeTools – 20130627 Add-in that I created from the following page of my Windows Live SkyDrive:

    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5aedcb43615e886b#!/?cid=5AEDCB43615E886B!cid=5AEDCB43615E886B&id=5AEDCB43615E886B%21566

    Save the file in the Word Startup folder.  In Windows XP the default location for that folder is

    C:\Documents and Settings[User Name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

    In Windows Vista and Windows 7, it is

    C:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

    When you have done that, the tab shown below will be added to the Ribbon:

    The Merge to Individual Docs facility on that tab of the ribbon has the ability to create those documents in pdf format.

    One thing to note is that the field names in your data source must contain only alphanumeric characters (No @,#,$,%,&,(,), etc) and the field names must not start with a numeric character (0-9).

    Hi Doug,

    Does it work in Office for Mac? I understand the codes will be a bit different.

    I am a newbie to Macros. Could you tell me the differences in the Mac platform that I need to pay attention to?

    Henry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-04-16T08:09:18+00:00

    Sorry, Henry, it does not work on a Mac and I do not know anything about Macs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-25T09:38:03+00:00

    Thanks! I can really use this!

    Regards,

    Tobey

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments