convert mail merge documents to individual pdf docs

Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:37:50+00:00

I created a mail merge using Word 2010.  It is several documents combined into one large Word file with section breaks.  It is many pages long.

I need to convert it into individual pdf documents.  I have used the vba code bleow with pdf creator with some success.  I now need to do the same thing with E-Copy 5.3

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

    Dim Letters As Long, Counter As Long

    Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

    'MsgBox "Sections counted = " & Letters

    Counter = 1

    While Counter < Letters

        ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

            From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)

        Counter = Counter + 1

    Wend

End Sub

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-01-17T09:37:09+00:00

    It would be possible to modify the add-in to save the documents that it produces in any of the following formats:

    Contact me by email if you need a customized version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-26T09:50:01+00:00

    Dear Doug,

    Thank you for the tool.

    Will this work with office 2007?

    I am able to put all of my setting for attachment, however i keep getting "Cannot find this file. Verift the path and file name are correct."

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-01-26T09:56:18+00:00

    Yes, it does work in Office 2007.

    At what point do you get that error message?

    If you want to send me a copy of the mail merge main document and the data source, I will check them out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-27T01:39:52+00:00

    Yes, it does work in Office 2007.

    At what point do you get that error message?

    If you want to send me a copy of the mail merge main document and the data source, I will check them out.

    Dear Doug,

    I sent you the email to your gmail account.

    Thanks!

    Best Regards,

    WeiHann

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-13T18:29:22+00:00

    This mergetool worked great!  it saved me so much time in creating over 1000 individual PDF's each named with an individual's employee id.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments