convert mail merge documents to individual pdf docs

Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:37:50+00:00

I created a mail merge using Word 2010.  It is several documents combined into one large Word file with section breaks.  It is many pages long.

I need to convert it into individual pdf documents.  I have used the vba code bleow with pdf creator with some success.  I now need to do the same thing with E-Copy 5.3

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

    Dim Letters As Long, Counter As Long

    Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

    'MsgBox "Sections counted = " & Letters

    Counter = 1

    While Counter < Letters

        ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

            From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)

        Counter = Counter + 1

    Wend

End Sub

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-01-13T23:05:59+00:00

    The  problem is almost certainly caused by an issue with the data source.

    If you can send me that data source and your mail merge main document, I will investigate the issue.

    You can decipher my email address from my signature or obtain it from my profile at:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/5846a56b-3e92-46d7-b5bf-4f65922e1f56?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=qna&forum=&filter=All&page=1&tm=1374543937262

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-16T11:59:49+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm getting "This application is only designed to be run with a Letter type mail merge main document" whenever I try to click on any of the items in the new ribbon.

    Any idea?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-16T12:18:05+00:00

    The add-in is reporting that the active document is not a letter type mail merge document. Open your merge document and then click the button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-15T12:17:11+00:00

    Hi Doug

    I was having the same issue..

    "13

    Type mismatch."

    Any solution?

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-03-15T22:55:39+00:00

    That error is almost always caused by issues with the Data Source.

    If you cannot work out what it is, if you send it to me, I will check it out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments