convert mail merge documents to individual pdf docs

Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:37:50+00:00

I created a mail merge using Word 2010.  It is several documents combined into one large Word file with section breaks.  It is many pages long.

I need to convert it into individual pdf documents.  I have used the vba code bleow with pdf creator with some success.  I now need to do the same thing with E-Copy 5.3

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

    Dim Letters As Long, Counter As Long

    Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

    'MsgBox "Sections counted = " & Letters

    Counter = 1

    While Counter < Letters

        ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

            From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)

        Counter = Counter + 1

    Wend

End Sub

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2013-11-08T23:53:42+00:00

    It sounds like you might be starting with a document that has been converted from a mail merge main document into a normal document (which is something that is done by the merge tools add-in).  If that is the case, the mergefields may have been converted to DOCVARIABLE fields.   You can tell if that is the case by using ALT+F9 to toggle on the display of the Field Codes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-08T17:22:00+00:00

    I have used your add in and it worked perfectly, however, I needed to modify the document slightly so I started over and now I get to the final step of where to save the PDF's and nothing happens. No error messages, nothing.

    If I try to run the process again...it gives me the error that it is design for letter only. I am very frustrated. Can you help!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-31T11:25:23+00:00

    If you are going to use an add-in and you don't have access to install it, ask your IT support to do it for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-31T11:09:04+00:00

    I do not have the necessary access to copy the file to this location.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2013-07-31T05:40:36+00:00

    From the File tab, click on Options and then on Advanced and then go to the General Section of the dialog and click on File Locations and then select the Startup folder item and click on Modify and then copy the MergeTools – 20130627.dotm file to the clipboard and put the selection inside the Startup Folder and right click and select Paste.  Then shutdown Word and re-start it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments