convert mail merge documents to individual pdf docs

Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:37:50+00:00

I created a mail merge using Word 2010.  It is several documents combined into one large Word file with section breaks.  It is many pages long.

I need to convert it into individual pdf documents.  I have used the vba code bleow with pdf creator with some success.  I now need to do the same thing with E-Copy 5.3

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

    Dim Letters As Long, Counter As Long

    Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

    'MsgBox "Sections counted = " & Letters

    Counter = 1

    While Counter < Letters

        ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

            From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)

        Counter = Counter + 1

    Wend

End Sub

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-30T10:05:29+00:00

    I am on an "administered" network and I am not the administrator.  IS there a plan B?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-30T05:26:08+00:00

    Doug's add-in will do the job, but see also http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm  which can use PDFCreator or Acrobat directly if present (or Word's built-in PDF function if not).

    Splitting merge documents is not without the potential for formatting problems to occur in the split documents. http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm in its one to one mode will overcome that issue, but this is not a true merge process (so there are some provisos explained on the web page) and it only uses the built-in PDF function from Word.

    If you want to merge to e-mail with the PDF files as attachments then http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm can do that also.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2013-07-29T22:44:14+00:00

    You can download the MergeTools – 20130627 Add-in that I created from the following page of my Windows Live SkyDrive:

    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5aedcb43615e886b#!/?cid=5AEDCB43615E886B!cid=5AEDCB43615E886B&id=5AEDCB43615E886B%21566

    Save the file in the Word Startup folder.  In Windows XP the default location for that folder is

    C:\Documents and Settings[User Name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

    In Windows Vista and Windows 7, it is

    C:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

    When you have done that, the tab shown below will be added to the Ribbon:

    The Merge to Individual Docs facility on that tab of the ribbon has the ability to create those documents in pdf format.

    One thing to note is that the field names in your data source must contain only alphanumeric characters (No @,#,$,%,&,(,), etc) and the field names must not start with a numeric character (0-9).

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments