convert mail merge documents to individual pdf docs

Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:37:50+00:00

I created a mail merge using Word 2010.  It is several documents combined into one large Word file with section breaks.  It is many pages long.

I need to convert it into individual pdf documents.  I have used the vba code bleow with pdf creator with some success.  I now need to do the same thing with E-Copy 5.3

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

    Dim Letters As Long, Counter As Long

    Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

    'MsgBox "Sections counted = " & Letters

    Counter = 1

    While Counter < Letters

        ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

            From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)

        Counter = Counter + 1

    Wend

End Sub

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-17T09:02:47+00:00

    Hi All,

    The Addins always worked fine...

    It also depends what you want as the final version/type of the file and also the source database shall be well defined/formatted.

    I successfully used the merge addin to output MS Word DocX files from a CSV source data file.

    I then had to open each DocX to save them as 'Normal' Web Page HTM files as the addin  could only produce 'Filtered' HTM Files.

    I wanted to produce a Macro for the save to normal web Htm file but still did not find time to create it.

    Doug, please see if you have anything in mind to output Normal Htm files.

    Cheers,

    Regards,

    Muzafar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-01-17T07:15:41+00:00

    I do not recall if Stanzip sent a file to me.  However, if you are having a problem with my MergeTools add-in, do send me the files with a description of the problem and I will investigate the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-17T03:11:07+00:00

    Did you find a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-12-18T22:49:56+00:00

    Send me the Excel File and I will investigate the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-18T18:29:42+00:00

    That error is almost always caused by issues with the Data Source.

    If you cannot work out what it is, if you send it to me, I will check it out.

    same error message, data source is an excel file

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments