convert mail merge documents to individual pdf docs

Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:37:50+00:00

I created a mail merge using Word 2010.  It is several documents combined into one large Word file with section breaks.  It is many pages long.

I need to convert it into individual pdf documents.  I have used the vba code bleow with pdf creator with some success.  I now need to do the same thing with E-Copy 5.3

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

    Dim Letters As Long, Counter As Long

    Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

    'MsgBox "Sections counted = " & Letters

    Counter = 1

    While Counter < Letters

        ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

            From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)

        Counter = Counter + 1

    Wend

End Sub

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-28T07:32:51+00:00

    Dear Doug,

    Fantastic Job! Your addin is working fine man.

    I am actually generating Signatures for 70 staff using Word 2013 Mail Merge Feature.

    Your addin enables us to output to different docx files.

    What i require now is outputing to htm file. Can you please help. I will try to setup macro though. (never used macro before)

    Thanks for your Support.

    Cheers and Happy New Year.

    Muzafar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2013-11-08T23:53:42+00:00

    It sounds like you might be starting with a document that has been converted from a mail merge main document into a normal document (which is something that is done by the merge tools add-in).  If that is the case, the mergefields may have been converted to DOCVARIABLE fields.   You can tell if that is the case by using ALT+F9 to toggle on the display of the Field Codes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-08T17:22:00+00:00

    I have used your add in and it worked perfectly, however, I needed to modify the document slightly so I started over and now I get to the final step of where to save the PDF's and nothing happens. No error messages, nothing.

    If I try to run the process again...it gives me the error that it is design for letter only. I am very frustrated. Can you help!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-31T11:25:23+00:00

    If you are going to use an add-in and you don't have access to install it, ask your IT support to do it for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-31T11:09:04+00:00

    I do not have the necessary access to copy the file to this location.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments