convert mail merge documents to individual pdf docs

Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:37:50+00:00

I created a mail merge using Word 2010.  It is several documents combined into one large Word file with section breaks.  It is many pages long.

I need to convert it into individual pdf documents.  I have used the vba code bleow with pdf creator with some success.  I now need to do the same thing with E-Copy 5.3

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

    Dim Letters As Long, Counter As Long

    Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

    'MsgBox "Sections counted = " & Letters

    Counter = 1

    While Counter < Letters

        ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

            From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)

        Counter = Counter + 1

    Wend

End Sub

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-01-13T23:05:59+00:00

    The  problem is almost certainly caused by an issue with the data source.

    If you can send me that data source and your mail merge main document, I will investigate the issue.

    You can decipher my email address from my signature or obtain it from my profile at:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/5846a56b-3e92-46d7-b5bf-4f65922e1f56?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=qna&forum=&filter=All&page=1&tm=1374543937262

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-13T19:06:55+00:00

    Hello,

    I am trying to do the same thing, and I really like the looks of your tool. I used the Merge to Individual Docs and it worked perfectly for 3 of my 204 merged pages, but then it gave me the following message:

    "13

    Type mismatch."

    And then it stopped merging / saving the files. Do you know what I can do to fix this?

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2013-07-31T05:40:36+00:00

    From the File tab, click on Options and then on Advanced and then go to the General Section of the dialog and click on File Locations and then select the Startup folder item and click on Modify and then copy the MergeTools – 20130627.dotm file to the clipboard and put the selection inside the Startup Folder and right click and select Paste.  Then shutdown Word and re-start it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-30T10:05:29+00:00

    I am on an "administered" network and I am not the administrator.  IS there a plan B?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-30T05:26:08+00:00

    Doug's add-in will do the job, but see also http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm  which can use PDFCreator or Acrobat directly if present (or Word's built-in PDF function if not).

    Splitting merge documents is not without the potential for formatting problems to occur in the split documents. http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm in its one to one mode will overcome that issue, but this is not a true merge process (so there are some provisos explained on the web page) and it only uses the built-in PDF function from Word.

    If you want to merge to e-mail with the PDF files as attachments then http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm can do that also.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments