Review comments disappeared

Anonymous
2014-05-04T12:30:54+00:00

So I've spend long hours addressing student coursework, giving comments on their projects.  They said the comments wouldn't work so I re-opened their documents and they appear to be correct.  Where are all my comments gone?  The actual comment boxes are still there but they are empty.  This is incredibly annoying.  Can I get them back or have they gone forever?  Screen shot provided for reference.

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.*****

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-01-23T22:23:56+00:00

    Jason,

    If the document is not too large to attach to an email message, send me a copy of it that way, referencing this thread in the covering email message and I will see if I can recover the comments.

    Alternatively, upload a copy of the document to the following folder of my OneDrive

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuIXmFDy-1a8nP3RpgnYHp-5zXK

    or

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuIXmFDy-1a8nMtZsb0KlLCYoJV

    and send me an email to the address shown in my signature to let me know that it is there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments