A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
If you send me a copy of the document, referencing this thread in the covering email message, I will investigate the issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So I've spend long hours addressing student coursework, giving comments on their projects. They said the comments wouldn't work so I re-opened their documents and they appear to be correct. Where are all my comments gone? The actual comment boxes are still there but they are empty. This is incredibly annoying. Can I get them back or have they gone forever? Screen shot provided for reference.
***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.*****
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
If you send me a copy of the document, referencing this thread in the covering email message, I will investigate the issue.
Has anybody found a solution to this problem? Several on my workgroup are experiencing this - different versions of Word (2010 and 2016). Seems to happen randomly.
Sorry, no. Doug very kindly looked at my file and concluded the same as me: empty fields where there once was text ... in both comments and references. I'm pretty sure it happened when my file crashed. I wonder if there is an interface issue between 2010 and 2016, I was working between 2010 and MS online office suite when the problem occurred.
In all my years of using Word, I've never had such a thing happen. In my case, I copied and pasted the references back in and thanked my lucky stars that I only had 100 footnotes. :-(
Good luck.
Hi, this started for me last night, super frustrating! I noticed that if i went to the beginning of the "empty" comment box and backspaced, the last bit of the comment reappeared. Went to the top of the box again, backspaced, and more reappeared. Then i tried to separate the paragraphs and the text disappeared again :(
It seems to have something to do with hard returns/enter key maybe?
Can i ask if its happening on all your docs, or just one? I didnt think to check last night. Hm.
If you send me a copy of the document, referencing this thread in the covering email message, I will investigate the issue.