This started happening very recently. I can open a new document and everything works okay. When I open a document that starts with a table, the markers are gone. Everything used to work okay and then something changed recently in MS WORD.
I have tried repairing as others tell me to do and that does not solve the problem. Everyone can see, from all the different posts regarding this problem, that there doesn't appear to be one specific rationale reason that causes this new problem.
There are also other posts that describe this problem and suggest changing the display theme to Windows 7 in the Control Panel under Personalization. Changing the theme does seem to be a workaround. However, that doesn't resolve the problem and that doesn't
allow us to use customized themes.
ArZi(2) shows an excellent screen shot of exactly what is happening.
Also, if I open my document that doesn't show the tab markers etc., then go to File/Options, and just click Okay in the bottom right corner, all the tab markers start showing up immediately after the Option screen closes. That should help MS track down the
problem.
All this points to a problem with the MS Word software. I ask the moderator of this forum, or someone that can submit a ticket, to please submit a ticket to MS to resolve this issue because it is definitely caused by some recent change to MS Word.