"Read Mode" in Word 2013 does not look as the "Take a Tour" document says - wonder why so?

Anonymous
2014-06-02T05:36:46+00:00
  • This question is based on Take a Tour document of Word 2013.

  • It says, as you see in the image below, that I can view a Word document in Read Mode where as the icon shows, the document will appear in book fold

  • But then, as I click on Read Mode Icon, the following is what I get, NOT in book fold view as the icon shows

  • Wonder, why it is so, or what have I done wrong?
Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-06-11T15:14:32+00:00

    If Word 2007 does what you need, why are you not using it? Far be it from me to defend Word 2013, which I detest. I personally am still using Word 2003 (and 2010 for some things).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-11T15:57:39+00:00

    If Word 2007 does what you need, why are you not using it? Far be it from me to defend Word 2013, which I detest. I personally am still using Word 2003 (and 2010 for some things).

    Don't you read, or remember what you read, before asking?

    I had explained in an earlier posts to you that the licensed version of Word 2007 was installed on my 7 year old computer which is not as well equipped as this new computer is (less than one year old).

    I had explained to you that I bought Word 2013 for new machine with Windows 8.1. The old machine had Win 7 with Word 2007.

    I had also mentioned that if I do not find a proper alternative, I might use my old machine for this specific purpose alone.

    But that not being a very convenient and efficient way to work with two computers and one monitor, I had also mentioned to you that I might purchase another license for Word 2007. Another monitor will be more expensive than another license for Word 2007. And working on two machines is clumsier than working on one machine.

    Problem is you kept on giving me meaningless advices wasting my time for nothing.  You simply don't give up even when you do not understand the core issue though explained differently to you. With such limited perspective you should not be advising things that you don't understand.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-12T11:29:22+00:00

    I received the following reminder from The Microsoft Community Team -

    Hello YBR2014:

    Remember that question you asked on Microsoft Community a few days ago?

    Title: (1)"Read Mode" in Word 2013 does not look as the "Take a Tour" document says - wonder why so?

    We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as

    Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

    Thanks for

    being a member of Microsoft Community!

    Sincerely,

    The Microsoft

    Community Team

    When I reply to your mail it returns undelivered. Hence, posting the reply here:

    Hello Microsoft Community Team,

    If no one is able to offer appropriate solution, question remains in unanswered state. If user realizes from the answers so far received that keeping the question open will serve no fruitful purpose, shouldn’t he have an option to close the ticket on his own? Why can’t you add an option for user “ticket closed”?

    Or, if the user finds out the solution by himself before someone else offering an appropriate solution, shouldn’t he have the option to mark his answer as Answer? And, that would automatically close the ticket.

    Please think over.

    Sincerely,

    Maanoj Rakhit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-06-12T12:27:26+00:00

    Did you click on the option to take a survey? That might give you a better opportunity to provide feedback; or you can give direct feedback at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum. No one who can act on it will see it here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-13T00:45:43+00:00

    The form letter you got was a way of trying to find out if the problem has been resolved.

    If it has as a result of one of the provide replies you have the option of using the "Mark as Answer" hyperlink.  Having the original poster mark the reply as answer is "best". It provides other people with confirmation that the reply really did work for the original poster "in the real world".

    If none of the replies worked, then you can post a reply saying that to keep the question open

    If you found your own alternate fix, it would be appreciated if you posted a reply listing the fix you used. That way later, other people with the same problem will be know how to fix it too.  The forum is does not allow you to mark your own replies as "answer", but you can simply add a comment at the end to the effect "PS: moderator, please mark this as the reply".

    If the original poster does not provide any sort of feedback, then some moderators will pick "their best guess" at an "answer" (usually one provided by another moderator)  because it is the standard "Official" MS reply, even though many people have not found it effective.  Personally, I place little to no value on these "answers" because there is no confirmation from the original poster that it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments