"Read Mode" in Word 2013 does not look as the "Take a Tour" document says - wonder why so?

Anonymous
2014-06-02T05:36:46+00:00
  • This question is based on Take a Tour document of Word 2013.

  • It says, as you see in the image below, that I can view a Word document in Read Mode where as the icon shows, the document will appear in book fold

  • But then, as I click on Read Mode Icon, the following is what I get, NOT in book fold view as the icon shows

  • Wonder, why it is so, or what have I done wrong?
Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-06-03T18:46:53+00:00

    But Read Mode isn't supposed to be a what-you-see-is-what-you-get view. It's supposed to make reading documents on screen easier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-06-03T16:13:53+00:00

    I can get a layout that shows two separate pages in Read Mode if I select Multiple Pages on the View tab before switching to Read Mode. Note that they aren't facing pages, but there are two pages (not just columns).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-06-03T14:25:45+00:00

    Thanks for the clarification. Of course, Google Search and Internet Explorer are off-topic in this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-03T12:38:03+00:00

              

    I'm not sure which problem with Google Search you are referring to. Generally, whether third-party add-ins work or not is up to the creator of the add-in, not to Microsoft.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows8_1/unable-to-set-google-search-as-my-default-search/fb795983-54fa-4535-b33b-8298dda578b0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments