"Read Mode" in Word 2013 does not look as the "Take a Tour" document says - wonder why so?

Anonymous
2014-06-02T05:36:46+00:00
  • This question is based on Take a Tour document of Word 2013.

  • It says, as you see in the image below, that I can view a Word document in Read Mode where as the icon shows, the document will appear in book fold

  • But then, as I click on Read Mode Icon, the following is what I get, NOT in book fold view as the icon shows

  • Wonder, why it is so, or what have I done wrong?
Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-02T09:35:09+00:00

    Office 32 bit Win 64 bit is a normal installation. 

    MS still recommends that even with 64 bit OS you use 32 bit Office unless you have an explicit need for 64 bit. That explicit need is handling LARGE files, usually spreadsheets, that are in the 2GB file size range and/or files that require 2GB or more of RAM during processing (ie spreadsheet calculations).  The short reason is that many vendors, ESPECIALLY MS, have not BOTHERED to create 64 bit versions of their addons.

    I suspect the fix for your problem is simple.  Just ZOOM out, use <CTL><mouse scroll wheel> to adjust the zoom level. As you scroll out, you will see a bookfold representation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-02T09:06:40+00:00

    Assuming that the document you are looking at actually contains two pages, try changing the zoom (you can use the slider at the bottom right).

    Thanks.

    I tried once again, this time with two different files, each one with "Book fold page layout", tried to zoom out, and then zoom in, but none helped.

    In Word 2007 with Windows 7, both 32-bits, I had never faced this problem. The only difference this time is Word 2013 (32-bit) with Windows 8.1 (64-bit) though, I do not think, that should have mattered.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-06-02T06:51:36+00:00

    Assuming that the document you are looking at actually contains two pages, try changing the zoom (you can use the slider at the bottom right).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments