Office for iPad slow typing

Anonymous
2014-05-25T17:01:26+00:00

I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad.  I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow.  I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail.  Any thoughts??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-02T14:29:41+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion - but this is a serious bug with Microsoft apps I am paying good money for and they need to fix it ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T10:37:02+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem.

    iPad Mini with all MS updates installed etc etc & typing into a 4 page document with tables is painfully slow. You type 20 words and 30 seconds after you finish typing the words finish appearing on screen.

    Totally unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T13:14:25+00:00

    What puzzles me is that there are moments when the bug seems to have disappeared and there are moments when it's almost impossible to use Word for iPad because of the delay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T21:21:02+00:00

    Not on my side. It's a consistent issue for me.

    I should also add that I do not use via cloud, this is with a locally stored document. If this was with a cloud stored document I imagine it would be impossible to use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T22:01:05+00:00

    Not on my side. It's a consistent issue for me.

    I should also add that I do not use via cloud, this is with a locally stored document. If this was with a cloud stored document I imagine it would be impossible to use.

    AdamRex: I thought users had to store documents on OneDrive (cloud) to use the Office for iPad apps like Word for iPad. Could I ask how you store and work on documents locally (and by that I assume you mean on the iPad itself)?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments