Office for iPad slow typing

Anonymous
2014-05-25T17:01:26+00:00

I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad.  I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow.  I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail.  Any thoughts??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-26T12:56:57+00:00

    Hello,

    I would need more information to assist you with the issue.

    Is the problem while working with Word documents on iPad or on the desktop?

    If it is on iPad, does typing in other Office applications work normally?

    You may try editing / typing in Excel or PowerPoint files on the iPad and check the behavior.

    Provide more information to help us assist you further.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-26T17:09:51+00:00

    The issue I'm experiencing is on the iPad. I seem to only have this slow response to my typing input only when using tables in word for iPad. I had a similar issue on the desktop version of 365 but when I used compatibility mode, the typing lag greatly improved. I made sure that I did the same compatibility mode in hopes that would solve the problem, but it did not. 

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-03T13:45:02+00:00

    Hello? Anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-31T15:23:59+00:00

    I am having exactly the same problem.

    I have an ipad 3, and the typing in tables is ridiculously slow in word. 

    there is at least a 30 to 40 second lag.

    I might have to cancel my subscription and go back to pages if this persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-08-01T07:23:35+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments