Office for iPad slow typing

Anonymous
2014-05-25T17:01:26+00:00

I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad.  I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow.  I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail.  Any thoughts??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T10:37:02+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem.

    iPad Mini with all MS updates installed etc etc & typing into a 4 page document with tables is painfully slow. You type 20 words and 30 seconds after you finish typing the words finish appearing on screen.

    Totally unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-02T14:29:41+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion - but this is a serious bug with Microsoft apps I am paying good money for and they need to fix it ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-02T14:11:23+00:00

    Have you considered using OneNote? OneNote is much better suited for quick documents like meeting minutes. Then from OneNote you can export to a MS Word file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-01T11:33:11+00:00

    It is now Sep 1 and the problem persists. I am using the latest version of WORD 365 on my iPad 3 and at times it is almost impossible to type.

    Look forward to hearing from Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-14T10:13:12+00:00

    Same problem here. There is about a third of a second delay between typing each character in word. 

    This is unacceptable. I feel like I have wasted my money for an Office 356 subscription because I bought it just to use Word on my iPad Mini but the lag makes the ipad version useless!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments