Office for iPad slow typing

Anonymous
2014-05-25T17:01:26+00:00

I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad.  I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow.  I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail.  Any thoughts??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-16T02:05:41+00:00

    Could I ask how you store and work on documents locally (and by that I assume you mean on the iPad itself)?

    Thanks.

    Hi DavidRatajack, yes, you can use the Office apps without relying on cloud. Here in Sydney Australia it's essential to be able to do so as mobile internet is so patchy & inconsistent.

    When you have your iPad connected to iTunes go to the apps pane & towards the bottom you'll see an area called 'File Sharing'.

    Click on Word (or Excel or Powerpoint) in the app list and a file list window will appear.

    You can then either use the 'Add' button to add documents or on Mac you can just drag them to the window & synch your iPad.

    Then when you are on your iPad the front window will show cloud & iPad as file locations, just select iPad for local documents.

    Many thanks, AdamRex. In case you haven't been following along with the OneDrive threads, it's so flawed currently that it's for the most part undependable -- so you're not missing much even though you have a  "patchy & inconsistent" mobile internet. I'm hoping that by running my client files locally on the iPad, I won't have to worry about such things as files disappearing, becoming permanently uneditable due to concurrent access by "another user" (I'm the only person who uses my files), locked files because they've been "moved from their original location," files that can't be seen on any device other than the one it was created on (i.e., not synched to other devices), and other folly.

    I hope this works -- thanks, again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T22:26:36+00:00

    Could I ask how you store and work on documents locally (and by that I assume you mean on the iPad itself)?

    Thanks.

    Hi DavidRatajack, yes, you can use the Office apps without relying on cloud. Here in Sydney Australia it's essential to be able to do so as mobile internet is so patchy & inconsistent.

    When you have your iPad connected to iTunes go to the apps pane & towards the bottom you'll see an area called 'File Sharing'.

    Click on Word (or Excel or Powerpoint) in the app list and a file list window will appear.

    You can then either use the 'Add' button to add documents or on Mac you can just drag them to the window & synch your iPad.

    Then when you are on your iPad the front window will show cloud & iPad as file locations, just select iPad for local documents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T22:01:05+00:00

    Not on my side. It's a consistent issue for me.

    I should also add that I do not use via cloud, this is with a locally stored document. If this was with a cloud stored document I imagine it would be impossible to use.

    AdamRex: I thought users had to store documents on OneDrive (cloud) to use the Office for iPad apps like Word for iPad. Could I ask how you store and work on documents locally (and by that I assume you mean on the iPad itself)?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T21:21:02+00:00

    Not on my side. It's a consistent issue for me.

    I should also add that I do not use via cloud, this is with a locally stored document. If this was with a cloud stored document I imagine it would be impossible to use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T13:14:25+00:00

    What puzzles me is that there are moments when the bug seems to have disappeared and there are moments when it's almost impossible to use Word for iPad because of the delay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments