Office for iPad slow typing

Anonymous
2014-05-25T17:01:26+00:00

I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad.  I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow.  I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail.  Any thoughts??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-20T15:18:28+00:00

    I am going to re-start this thread as its been silent but I doubt there has been a fix.. just today I was typing a 2 page simple document in Word Ios and suffered several second delays repeatedly.. very frustrating..

    I hate to say it, but it may make more sense to create docs in pages or G-docs and then convert to Word when done.

    MSFT - this has all the makings of a great product and is a great sign of MSFT moving in the right direction... but it needs to work well on the simple things!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-18T14:08:55+00:00

    Hello Fergal,

    Thank you.

    As this has gone way beyond the point of apologies (thread started May 2014), I would appreciate some engineering answers:

    1. What is the current step being undertaken ?
    2. What would be the possible next steps after the current one ?
    3. What would be your estimate time of resolution ?

    All the best !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-17T23:11:31+00:00

    Apologies for not getting back sooner, the issue is still being looked into.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-13T08:52:23+00:00

    I'm wondering the same thing myself NiniReyes.

    A month ago a mod sent me a private message wanting more details & a sample document etc and I've heard nothing back since that time.

    Not good enough MicroSoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-13T07:19:57+00:00

    Now December 2014. 

    We have not heard from you, Mr. Moderator.

    You still there ?

    The problem persists and it's a show stopper unfortunately for our company.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments