A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
I'll wait and see what responses you get (as I don't use the Word app much these days).
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad. I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow. I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail. Any thoughts??
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'll wait and see what responses you get (as I don't use the Word app much these days).
I see there has been a recent update to Word on itunes. Just installed it and the lag seems to have gone. Anyone else tried this yet and what was finding?
Define 'soon' - MS definition must be somewhat different from normal - more like 'never'. Head.....brick wall......?! Am amused (NOT) when MS ask for comments on Word app!
I now do all tables on Excel app - no typing lag on Excel.
Have been having exactly the same problems. I hope Microsoft fix this soon, esp. as this happens in 365, not just on the free versions of Office.
I have the same problem exacerbated by the first letter of a sentence often repeating (eg rrepeating). I tried the reset suggestion but with little or no impact. It is incredibly frustrating!! We need an answer.
Adding my name to the masses. I have had nearly every problem listed on this thread, and I've been using Word for the iPad for exactly two days. I've only been attempting to edit one document - a 5-page, text only, nothing fancy, boring old document. As soon as I hit page 5, it went from working fine to totally laggy and impossible to add more text. Issues included the weird letter-repeating problem MikeMcCarthy51 mentions.
A few of the work-arounds listed here seem to work, albeit minimally. Making the file available locally seemed to make a tiny difference (though not enough to make editing the file a pleasant experience). Changing the font from Calibri to Times New Roman made the biggest difference, and I can actually seem to add text without a lag now. We'll see what happens when I hit page 6 though...
I will say this: I am relieved to know I'm not the only one. I was sure it had to be my iPad, which I recently purchased refurbished.