Office for iPad slow typing

Anonymous
2014-05-25T17:01:26+00:00

I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad.  I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow.  I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail.  Any thoughts??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-04T17:38:37+00:00

    This fix has worked for me and resolved almost all of the lag issues.

    Go to Settings > Word > Reset Word > select the option to Clear All Documents.

    Okay... followed the advice you've given, thank you, but couldn't tell you if it works because every time I reopen Word afterwards it turns that setting back off!!!!

    That is normal, after clearing the documents initially the typing lag should be fixed and you should only have to clear the documents if the lag starts happening again, not every time you use the app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-04T17:36:21+00:00

    Thank you Client Services - (so far!) it does what it said on your tin!!  Clearly you should be on MS's team - your solution (which even I managed to apply successfully) is obviously something beyond the grasp of the (supposed) experts! - or perhaps helping out customers isn't in their remit!!

    I am inclined to think the latter :) The customer support is seriously lacking for an industry leader. Glad I was able to help out!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-03T04:19:31+00:00

    This fix has worked for me and resolved almost all of the lag issues.

    Go to Settings > Word > Reset Word > select the option to Clear All Documents.

    Okay... followed the advice you've given, thank you, but couldn't tell you if it works because every time I reopen Word afterwards it turns that setting back off!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-02T13:08:36+00:00

    Thank you Client Services - (so far!) it does what it said on your tin!!  Clearly you should be on MS's team - your solution (which even I managed to apply successfully) is obviously something beyond the grasp of the (supposed) experts! - or perhaps helping out customers isn't in their remit!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-30T21:59:42+00:00

    Just bought a year of Office 365, and am editing my first document.  The lag is AMAZING.  MSFT, please fix this ASAP.

    Don't hold your breath Joseph Cutler... MS are well aware of this problem and have issued numerous updates since they became aware of it yet they have done nothing to address it.

    Just a total joke.

    They've got your money now, they aren't interested in solving your problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments