Office for iPad slow typing

Anonymous
2014-05-25T17:01:26+00:00

I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad.  I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow.  I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail.  Any thoughts??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-01T16:12:25+00:00

    This fix has worked for me and resolved almost all of the lag issues.

    Go to Settings > Word > Reset Word > select the option to Clear All Documents. The next time you open Word it will clear out the old document cache and speed it up significantly. Beware though, make sure any recent changes you made have been successfully saved and you can see the updates in the saved location before clearing the documents. If they haven't been successfully saved before you do that the most recent updates could be lost. 

    Bravo to Microsoft for actually taking care of their customers and making this known to everyone! (Sarcasm)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-26T17:09:51+00:00

    The issue I'm experiencing is on the iPad. I seem to only have this slow response to my typing input only when using tables in word for iPad. I had a similar issue on the desktop version of 365 but when I used compatibility mode, the typing lag greatly improved. I made sure that I did the same compatibility mode in hopes that would solve the problem, but it did not. 

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-02T14:29:41+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion - but this is a serious bug with Microsoft apps I am paying good money for and they need to fix it ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-01T11:33:11+00:00

    It is now Sep 1 and the problem persists. I am using the latest version of WORD 365 on my iPad 3 and at times it is almost impossible to type.

    Look forward to hearing from Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-01T14:39:17+00:00

    Hi Doug,

    I downloaded these updates yesterday before I posted, and I still have the problem.

    I attempted to narrow the problem down. Typing in tables is not a problem on small, single page, tables. However, I'm attempting to take meeting minutes in a table that spans 16 pages, and that's what is slowing me down.

    the ANNOYING thing is that Evernote handles these tables without any trouble whatsoever. 

    And yes, I have downloaded them to my iPad, I'm not attempting to work on them from the cloud (which slows it down even more)

    On my 16 page table, I did the following to try to make it faster, all of which didn't work:

    • removed all formatting
    • saved it as RTF
    • tried it in compatibility mode
    • removed all document elements EXCEPT for the table
    • Copied and pasted the tables into a different document
    • Recreated the tables in a new document on the iPad (when it was just one page it worked fine, but as soon as it extended to two pages, it slowed down, getting noticeably slower with each subsequent page added. I stopped after 3, not wanting to waste any more time/cause myself more irritation)

    oh, and if it helps, I have the iPad A1403 64 GB, and TONS of available memory, because we just reformatted this thing and there's nothing on this iPad other than MS Word and MS Excel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments