Office for iPad slow typing

Anonymous
2014-05-25T17:01:26+00:00

I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad.  I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow.  I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail.  Any thoughts??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-31T15:23:59+00:00

    I am having exactly the same problem.

    I have an ipad 3, and the typing in tables is ridiculously slow in word. 

    there is at least a 30 to 40 second lag.

    I might have to cancel my subscription and go back to pages if this persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-14T10:13:12+00:00

    Same problem here. There is about a third of a second delay between typing each character in word. 

    This is unacceptable. I feel like I have wasted my money for an Office 356 subscription because I bought it just to use Word on my iPad Mini but the lag makes the ipad version useless!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-03T13:45:02+00:00

    Hello? Anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-02T14:11:23+00:00

    Have you considered using OneNote? OneNote is much better suited for quick documents like meeting minutes. Then from OneNote you can export to a MS Word file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-08-01T07:23:35+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments