Access 2013 runtime and SP1

Anonymous
2014-03-19T15:26:04+00:00

I recently allowed my Access 2013 to update itself to SP1 or the latest version. Today I modified a database and saved it as a ACCDE file. When one of my Access 2013 runtime users attempted to open the database they got an "unrecognized format" error. I searched for an updated Access 2013 runtime for SP1 and there isn't one. This is a big problem as all of my users use the runtime to open and use the databases. I effectively cannot update or revise any database design until this issue is resolved.

Is there an ETA on when the runtime will be updated? If not is there a work around?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-08T21:12:57+00:00

    Dan,

    You miss the point, we can't distribute. No runtime user can use our outputed files. Only full blown access users can open our databases.

    I've been using Access for 15 years, I've had times where updates through me for a loop... but I never had a situation where I could not distribute my database revisions to my runtime users. I don't design databases to sell, I design databases to make my business run better. Try telling Microsoft that, I think they need a refresher.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-09T19:15:49+00:00

    I have the same problem!! My Office 2013 has an auto update.

    This Version is 15.0.4605.1003

    I can not distribute my Software and many Updates!!

    Access Runtime 2013 Version is: 15.0.4517.1004

    Office 2013 generate a wrong File (x.accde) for Access Runtime 2013 !!!!!!

    Hopefully Microsoft launches as soon as possible for Access Runtime an update out !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-12T16:28:45+00:00

    I recently allowed my Access 2013 to update itself to SP1 or the latest version. Today I modified a database and saved it as a ACCDE file. When one of my Access 2013 runtime users attempted to open the database they got an "unrecognized format" error. I searched for an updated Access 2013 runtime for SP1 and there isn't one. This is a big problem as all of my users use the runtime to open and use the databases. I effectively cannot update or revise any database design until this issue is resolved.

    Is there an ETA on when the runtime will be updated? If not is there a work around?

    I have confirmed that the culprit is MS OFFICE 2013 SP1 update. I was having the same problem with .accde files not being recognized by the 2013 runtime. Interestingly, the .accdb file runs perfectly under the runtime. My target PC runs Windows 8.1 and my development PC runs Windows 7.

    I solved the problem by uninstalling the MS OFFICE 2013 SP1 update. Now my .addbe files run perfectly under the runtime.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-16T14:56:35+00:00

    JuanMas53 do you think you can give detailed instructions on how you uninstalled the update? Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-16T17:28:49+00:00

    Go to the Control Panel. Select Add/Remove programs (windows XP) or Programs and Features (win7).

    When the dialog box opens be sure to check the box to show updates (winXP) or click on View Installed Updates in the left frame (win7).

    Find Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 and uninstall it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments