Access 2013 runtime and SP1

Anonymous
2014-03-19T15:26:04+00:00

I recently allowed my Access 2013 to update itself to SP1 or the latest version. Today I modified a database and saved it as a ACCDE file. When one of my Access 2013 runtime users attempted to open the database they got an "unrecognized format" error. I searched for an updated Access 2013 runtime for SP1 and there isn't one. This is a big problem as all of my users use the runtime to open and use the databases. I effectively cannot update or revise any database design until this issue is resolved.

Is there an ETA on when the runtime will be updated? If not is there a work around?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T17:40:32+00:00

    I have the same problem too! I have several computers running windows 7. One computer has Access 2013 which was used to build an application. This application is then shared with the rest of the computers which run Access 2013 Runtime.

    Today I attempted to deploy a newer version of the database and all the computers running the Access Runtime were unable to open it. It appears Access updated itself to a version which breaks new accde files.

    I attempted to roll back to a version several months old using integratedoffice.exe REPAIRUI RERUNMODE version 15.xxxxxxx but it failed to change the version number.

    PLEASE FIX THIS IN THE NEXT UPDATE

    (http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/2013/uninstall-update-office-2013-click-run/)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T19:00:21+00:00

    OK... Glad someone else out there is having the same issue.  Hopefully, it is on Microsoft's radar.  I would imagine having deployment problems when using runtime is going to effect more than just us.  Alot of people are going to wonder what the heck is going on.

    Rolling back didn't solve the problem?  That is not encouraging.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T19:05:52+00:00

    I am going to try a windows rollback on one of my windows's 7 computers and then disconnect it from the internet so it doesn't re-update.  I'll create .accdr files from that computer for my runtime users until Microsoft gets around to solving this.

    I'll report back here if it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T19:46:08+00:00

    OK reporting back...  SUCCESS!  We have a temporary work around.

    Windows Rollback on Windows 7 labtop machine worked.  I choose a rollback date of 2/28/13 to be absolutely sure.  I have no idea when in mid to late march this occurred so choose your date accordingly.

    I also disconnected this computer from internet/network and also set my windows update settings to "Never Check for Updates" on this computer until Microsoft gets their butt in gear.

    Now when I compile and distrubute as an .accdr from this labtop, all my runtime users are able to open the distrubuted version.

    Hope this helps...

    JP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T22:20:30+00:00

    I'm having the same issue and I tried a blank basic DB and created ACCDE and it fails....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments