A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
I also have the same problem! I have multiple computers running Windows 7 with the most current version of Access Runtime 2013 as well as WIndows 7 & 8 computers running Office 2013 professional
I cannot isolate which update officially caused this problem, it may have been SP-1, it may be another. But I physically watched it propagate through the office.
Any computer running full blown Access 2013 is affected. If the database is compiled and saved as .accde or .accdr from the updated computers running full blown Access 2013, the resulting file can be opened by anybody running updated version of full blown Access 2013 but not any of the computer running Access Runtime 2013 only.
Here is the kicker, for awhile I had one computer running full blown Access 2013 that had not updated itself yet, and if I compiled and saved from that computer, then the file worked from all computers (Runtime computers, updated Full Access 2013 computers, non update Full Access 2013 computer) Once that computer finally updated, it now shows the same issue. I now have no computers that can effectively save a database as an .accdr and then be recogonized by access runtime 2013.
I wish I knew which update did this... I absolutely need resolution to this problem as my runtime users need updated databases.