Office 2013 themes missing

Anonymous
2015-01-23T17:04:02+00:00

I now have a total of only 9 themes in Office 2013.  In the past there were dozens.  I teach a class on Microsoft Office and when students are asked to use a certain theme, they aren't finding them.  What happened?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2015-02-12T00:43:30+00:00

This is a better option:

I have put a copy of the themes from various versions of Office (2007, 2010, 2013) in folders under the following folder of my One Drive

http://1drv.ms/1utd6rX

or

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuIXmFDy-1axC47TeQd4-gsdPZi

If you download the theme that you want and save it in the

C:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes

folder, it should appear as a Custom Theme in the Themes dropdown.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-21T19:04:51+00:00

    This is not working. (PERIOD)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-21T19:17:07+00:00

    Hate to say this but it doesn't work on my new computer with windows 8.1.

    It says the file is corrupted.

    UGH

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-02-21T22:04:16+00:00

    Note that you can't open theme files directly in Word (that is, not via File | Open). You have to add them to the Document Themes folder in your user profile (see Doug's reply) and then select a theme via the ribbon. If this is what you are doing, please explain which particular theme you are having problems with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-31T13:17:07+00:00

    Office, Facet, Integral, Ion, Ion Board, Organic, Retrospect, Slice, Wisp, Banded, Basis, Berlin, Celestial, Circuit, Damask, Depth, Dividend, Droplet, Frame, Main Event, Mesh, Metropolitan, Parallax, Quotable, Savon, Slate, Vapor Trail, vapor trail(again), View, Wood type

    are the Themes you are suppose to have.

    Well this is frustrating. The very first time I opened Word 2013 (bought it earlier this month), I had less than 10 themes.

    This morning, when I turned on my laptop, I had a completely different set of themes (only 9 now) from my first set.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments