Office 2013 themes missing

Anonymous
2015-01-23T17:04:02+00:00

I now have a total of only 9 themes in Office 2013.  In the past there were dozens.  I teach a class on Microsoft Office and when students are asked to use a certain theme, they aren't finding them.  What happened?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2015-02-12T00:43:30+00:00

This is a better option:

I have put a copy of the themes from various versions of Office (2007, 2010, 2013) in folders under the following folder of my One Drive

http://1drv.ms/1utd6rX

or

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuIXmFDy-1axC47TeQd4-gsdPZi

If you download the theme that you want and save it in the

C:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes

folder, it should appear as a Custom Theme in the Themes dropdown.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-07T15:58:23+00:00

    Thank you for the Windows 2013 office themes download. You helped me get a 4.0 grade point average on my Professional Administration Course. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-30T18:26:16+00:00

    Thank You Doug. This is exactly what I was needing. Those that are complaining....all you need to do is click Doug's link, right click the one you want, download, open it, then "save as" in a folder to your documents (or wherever). Be sure to rename it for easy retrievability. It will show as "Presentation (#)" if you do not and you will not know which one is which if you download more than one. For future reference, I have downloaded all of them.

    Next, when you go to use the Theme, choose the Themes "drop down list" under the Design Tab, and click the Browsing option.....go to the folder you saved them in and click the one needed. IT DOES WORK if you followed these steps. If you need it on other computers, copy the folder to a Flash Drive and take it with you to download to that computer or just keep the flash drive handy. 

    Of course, this is not as convenient as having it already in the Themes "drop-down list," but at least you will have it and in the long run....that is what matters most.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-24T08:12:18+00:00

    DO THIS! IT WORKS!!

    Only thing is I added 2 other steps (steps 1 and 2 below) that may or may not have been necessary.

    1. I logged out of my Microsoft account while I was in Word.
    2. Follow "techteacher22'" instructions.
    3. Log back in to Microsoft account.

    I don't know how long it will last, but it does work to put the themes back in the drop-down box.

    Now I'm back to 30 instead of 9!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T00:29:09+00:00

    Thank you sir, you are an angel

    To load these into WORD 2013, I opened a new WORD document, typed in a couple of lines,  and then used the Theme selection dialog to ring in the new themes and saved them one-by-one

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments