Office 2013 themes missing

Anonymous
2015-01-23T17:04:02+00:00

I now have a total of only 9 themes in Office 2013.  In the past there were dozens.  I teach a class on Microsoft Office and when students are asked to use a certain theme, they aren't finding them.  What happened?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2015-02-12T00:43:30+00:00

This is a better option:

I have put a copy of the themes from various versions of Office (2007, 2010, 2013) in folders under the following folder of my One Drive

http://1drv.ms/1utd6rX

or

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuIXmFDy-1axC47TeQd4-gsdPZi

If you download the theme that you want and save it in the

C:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes

folder, it should appear as a Custom Theme in the Themes dropdown.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-12T20:46:16+00:00

    Brad:

    While it is good to look for existing question with the answer to your problem, if you find an "old" one that has been marked as "answered" but it does not exactly fix your problem then it is better for you to start a new question rather than tag along on an old question. Most of us do not look at questions that have been marked answered, only if we are interested to learn what the answer was.

    By posting a new question you have to provide us with relevant background information, Office version, specific application, Windows version etc. Plus you can provide a general description of your specific problem.

    The links don't work because the file is no longer in OneDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-12T20:22:23+00:00

    Same thing here - neither of the links work. I have a lot of themes in Word, just 8 in Access...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-28T15:54:16+00:00

    Thanks for your quick response, Doug.

    Hmm... with the shortened link I get the message "This link doesn't work anymore. Contact the owner of this item for a new link." With the longer link, I get "This item might not exist or is no longer available. This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information."

    I wonder if there is a security feature in my computer that is preventing me from accessing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-09-28T09:19:57+00:00

    I just clicked on the http://1drv.ms/1utd6rX link in my post and it took me to the folder of my OneDrive where the themes are located.

    If the shortened link does not work for you, try:

    https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5AEDCB43615E886B%218750&cid=5AEDCB43615E886B

    or

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuIXmFDy-1axC47TeQd4-gsdPZi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments