Can't Adjust Picture Corrections/Color of Slide Background

Anonymous
2014-04-06T18:15:26+00:00

With my newly-installed Office 2013 I've inserted a .jpg as a slide background for all slides. When I try to adjust the Brightness/Contrast (or any other Picture Correction/Color - Design>Format Background>Picture Icon), none of the sliders work, nor can I enter a value into the value box, nor do any of the Presets work. When I insert the same pic as a picture (not as a background), I can make all of the adjustments. Any idea what's going on? This worked fine with Powerpoint 2010.

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-01-19T23:14:52+00:00

Really don't see why it took so long. It was obviously caused by some code in an update that was not fully checked out.

We can only test so much and we try to test the things that affect the most number of customers (this one is pretty low) :).

In any case, this did get fixed. I was trying to find what update it went out in but couldn't find the exact one. Glad that it seems to be out there already!

[Moderator edit]

Info on the update that fixes the issue is here.

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/2910907

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-08T04:27:58+00:00

    Hello John,

    Thank you for reporting that this issue occurs in PowerPoint 2013 64 bit. However, I'm not able to repro this issue in PowerPoint 2013 32 bit.

    You may check the screen shot below:

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-07T13:34:02+00:00

    Daniel,

    That's exactly how I inserted the pic as a background. Looks like others are having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-07T09:44:53+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-07T08:45:12+00:00

    Hello Timothy,

    I’d like to ask a question before we proceed:

    How did you insert the picture as a background in PowerPoint?

    Let's try the following steps and verify the result:

    1. Create a new PowerPoint file and insert a picture as background following instructions mentioned in the article below:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/insert-a-picture-HA102749393.aspx#_Toc325119150

    1. Now follow instructions mentioned in the Notes section under Use a picture as a slide background (Applies only to PowerPoint) to make changes to the background picture and verify the result

    Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments