open accdr file protected with database password

Anonymous
2013-08-21T12:29:22+00:00

Hi dear

how can I open accdr file protected with database password  by another one accdb file (with VBA code) ?

regard

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-18T17:18:17+00:00

    Hi dear

    thanks alot

    Access has it's power of security , no problem , but my question is :

    this way , you give us ,doesn't reduce the power of this security of the MS Access for cracking , does it ?

    regard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-18T17:31:57+00:00

    Access has it's power of security , no problem , but my question is :

    this way , you give us ,doesn't reduce the power of this security of the MS Access for cracking , does it ?

    I'm not sure I understand your question, but I don't see this technique as weakening or bypassing the security of the database password -- you do have to supply the password to open the database.  It just bypasses what in my view is a weakness of the runtime structure, that it requires you to specify a database when opening access, but there is no way to specify the database password on the command line, the way there is for user-level (workgroup) security.

    Understand, I don't speak for Microsoft in this matter.  I just tried to find a solution to a practical problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-20T13:57:53+00:00

    Hi dear

    thanks alot

    my mean is simple

    if I open my protected database with database password by input password with my hand (generally)  or I open it by your method in runtime

    which of them has more secureity :

    a: with my hand     b: your method    c:  equal

    regard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-20T16:20:46+00:00

    if I open my protected database with database password by input password with my hand (generally)  or I open it by your method in runtime

    which of them has more secureity :

    a: with my hand     b: your method    c:  equal

    If the database password is not stored anywhere, but remains solely in your head until you enter it in response to a prompt, then I don't think it matters whether the prompt comes directly from Access when the protected database is opend, or from the code that automates the opening of the protected database.  Under those conditions, my answer would be (c).

    If, however, you store the password somewhere on your computer, either in the code itself or in some table or file where you can read it when automating the protected database, and so not have to prompt the user at all, then clearly (a) is the correct answer.  Stored data can always be read by anyone who has access to the device on which it resides -- though higher levels of encryption can make that hard enough not to be worth the trouble.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-21T17:50:00+00:00

    Hi dear

    Thanks alot for your notice

    1-I wanted only to compare the security of them and my mean was the password that entered by hand that you assume it is only in my mind , so I think your reply is "c"

    2- There is a serious problem i n your method that If it does'n solve we can't use of it actually that I hope you solve it  and that problem is :

    I don't allow to user , that can use of ribbon or access right click menu abillity and instead of it I built my right click menu specially so when I use of your good method , this right click is disable

    How can I resolve this

    regard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments