open accdr file protected with database password

Anonymous
2013-08-21T12:29:22+00:00

Hi dear

how can I open accdr file protected with database password  by another one accdb file (with VBA code) ?

regard

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T05:22:43+00:00

    Hi dear Mr.Dirk Goldgar

    could you solve this when we use of vbMinimize ?

    I find when we use of vbhide , there isn't this problem but it can't hide the main access database window if you know how can we solve this , it will be useful too

    regard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-22T12:36:31+00:00

    Hi dear

    I research it and I find that this problem occur when we select vbminimize at shell command ,otherwise we won't have this problem and right click will be work correctlly but the main access database will be shown , if you can hide the window when use of other or etc , we will have both ability

    regard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-21T17:50:00+00:00

    Hi dear

    Thanks alot for your notice

    1-I wanted only to compare the security of them and my mean was the password that entered by hand that you assume it is only in my mind , so I think your reply is "c"

    2- There is a serious problem i n your method that If it does'n solve we can't use of it actually that I hope you solve it  and that problem is :

    I don't allow to user , that can use of ribbon or access right click menu abillity and instead of it I built my right click menu specially so when I use of your good method , this right click is disable

    How can I resolve this

    regard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-20T16:20:46+00:00

    if I open my protected database with database password by input password with my hand (generally)  or I open it by your method in runtime

    which of them has more secureity :

    a: with my hand     b: your method    c:  equal

    If the database password is not stored anywhere, but remains solely in your head until you enter it in response to a prompt, then I don't think it matters whether the prompt comes directly from Access when the protected database is opend, or from the code that automates the opening of the protected database.  Under those conditions, my answer would be (c).

    If, however, you store the password somewhere on your computer, either in the code itself or in some table or file where you can read it when automating the protected database, and so not have to prompt the user at all, then clearly (a) is the correct answer.  Stored data can always be read by anyone who has access to the device on which it resides -- though higher levels of encryption can make that hard enough not to be worth the trouble.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-20T13:57:53+00:00

    Hi dear

    thanks alot

    my mean is simple

    if I open my protected database with database password by input password with my hand (generally)  or I open it by your method in runtime

    which of them has more secureity :

    a: with my hand     b: your method    c:  equal

    regard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments