PowerPoint 2013 - Kiosk Mode with Touch Enabled - Touch does not work with Mouse Click Action Configured on Text Boxes

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:53:37+00:00

When I create a PPT 2013 presentation with my Surface RT tablet that has touch mode enabled and has text Boxes labeled with menu selections with a mouse click action to go to a slide within the presentation based upon what the user chooses in the menu of the first slide. I am able to trigger the action with a mouse or touch.  When I enable kiosk mode, I loose the touch capability, only the mouse works.

I want to create a kiosk presentation with PowerPoint 2013 that has touch capability to start on the first slide via a menu with multiple paths in my PowerPoint presentation based on what the user wants to see and then have it return back to the first slide.

Also noticed, that if the user holds their finger down on the screen long enough over the presentation, PowerPoint will show controls on the bottom (left/right arrows, close, etc.)  The close button works and this is not good.  This is the case when saving as a PPSX file or within PowerPoint using preview.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Carl

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-24T16:02:09+00:00

    Anyone found the fix for PPT 2016 yet? I can't find it anyway. (I have tried to update with windows update on my Windows 10 tablet where I'm using PPT but still doesn't work.) So do I have to get PPT 2013 now? Because it's really a make or break thing for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-24T18:20:57+00:00

    Have you tried the scenario after updating PPT 2016 recently?  If not, please provide me with your build number.

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-version-of-Office-am-I-using-932788b8-a3ce-44bf-bb09-e334518b8b19

    Once I have your build number, I'll try to figure out if the change is in there or not.  I'm not really near the hotfix release process but I'll try to dig around to get to the bottom of it for you :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-25T08:04:51+00:00

    I ran Windows Update very recently, and I saw new PPT updates in that update. (New tablet so hadn't ran it before). Tried to check for new updates after also but didn't find any.

    But after I posted I got hold of a 2013 version so I changed to that one and after updating the 2013 version worked! So I can't check the build number on 2016 now I'm afraid, but if its the same for everyone after they used Windows Update it should be the latest, and I'm pretty sure I was using Pro Plus if that matters.

    Does the touch in kiosk work for anyone in 2016? So I know it's possible, still want to use 2016 so I could change back and try again if it should work...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-07-25T17:56:42+00:00

    Ok, I had a look around and we had a little miscommunication in what builds we needed the fix.  This got ported to Office 2013 and Office 365 users.  However, it didn't get ported to the Office 2016 branch.  Sorry!  I spoke with our official "porter" (??) and he's taking care of this immediately.  The fix should be in the Office 2016 September Product Update.

    Sorry for the inconvenience :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments