PowerPoint 2013 - Kiosk Mode with Touch Enabled - Touch does not work with Mouse Click Action Configured on Text Boxes

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:53:37+00:00

When I create a PPT 2013 presentation with my Surface RT tablet that has touch mode enabled and has text Boxes labeled with menu selections with a mouse click action to go to a slide within the presentation based upon what the user chooses in the menu of the first slide. I am able to trigger the action with a mouse or touch.  When I enable kiosk mode, I loose the touch capability, only the mouse works.

I want to create a kiosk presentation with PowerPoint 2013 that has touch capability to start on the first slide via a menu with multiple paths in my PowerPoint presentation based on what the user wants to see and then have it return back to the first slide.

Also noticed, that if the user holds their finger down on the screen long enough over the presentation, PowerPoint will show controls on the bottom (left/right arrows, close, etc.)  The close button works and this is not good.  This is the case when saving as a PPSX file or within PowerPoint using preview.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Carl

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-24T01:32:18+00:00

    Zach, thank you for your description of your scenario.  Please help me understand why normal slideshow was not sufficient for you scenario.  I know that I'm being a bit of a hassle but I need as much information as I can to be able to sell code changes, especially to in-market products that don't get updated often.

    Normal slideshow wasn't suffice because it allows the user to open up the menu at the bottom left by click-holding which allows the user to close the presentation. This also allows the user to swipe from either side to go through my presentation linearly instead of to specific slides based on the buttons they click.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-27T16:51:36+00:00

    Hello Ryan and other readers,

    I've been programming on Microsoft products since Basic-80/Basic-69 : you and most of your team are probably too young to know those products ;-) lol). This is the first time, in my career that I have one ... no two of my wishes answered by Microsoft. I feel like the Creator of the Matrix has interceded in my favour!!! Fixing those 2 things would be Awesome.

    As for our project, I had to ask permission (took a little time - the reason for my delay) and yes, I can show and explain our project. But, of course, I cannot publish the whole code. If you have question, please do ask and feel free to talk about our PowerPoint based custom e-learning system.

    I also want to take the opportunity to thank PPT MVPs like Steve Rindsberg and the others : Thank you so much for your work! You are an important part of the PPT community. Appreciated.

    You can contact me by email but I did not feel confortable publishing my adress on a forum. But for you and others who would like to know more about our project, you will be able to write me if you can decode my email :

    Base64 UTF-8:           cGFsYWRpbjc3N0Bob3RtYWlsLmNvbQ==

    Thank you Ryan, thank you also to the whole Ms PPT team and MVPs for your great work.

    How would the fix be provided? ... and when would we able to test/use it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-09T13:30:22+00:00

    Hello Ryan,

    This is great that you have fixed the issue. Could you update us with the progress of getting it updated? If/when it is completed how can we access the fix?

    thanks in advance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-08T06:31:57+00:00

    You guys will must be disappointed as me because I found it doesn't work in Powerpoint 2016 neither!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-06-06T05:54:46+00:00

    Hello Ryan,

    This is great that you have fixed the issue. Could you update us with the progress of getting it updated? If/when it is completed how can we access the fix?

    thanks in advance

    Sorry, every time I thought of finding the KB article I would forget later in the day :(.  Here it is:

    PPT 2013: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114815

    I can't find the one for PPT 2016 but if you update, it should be there.  I think it was released before the 2013 one.

    Fixes the following issue:

    When you slide show a presentation in Kiosk mode in PowerPoint 2013 on a touch monitor, you can't interact with hyperlinks and media.

    Please let me know if you have any issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments