PowerPoint 2013 - Kiosk Mode with Touch Enabled - Touch does not work with Mouse Click Action Configured on Text Boxes

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:53:37+00:00

When I create a PPT 2013 presentation with my Surface RT tablet that has touch mode enabled and has text Boxes labeled with menu selections with a mouse click action to go to a slide within the presentation based upon what the user chooses in the menu of the first slide. I am able to trigger the action with a mouse or touch.  When I enable kiosk mode, I loose the touch capability, only the mouse works.

I want to create a kiosk presentation with PowerPoint 2013 that has touch capability to start on the first slide via a menu with multiple paths in my PowerPoint presentation based on what the user wants to see and then have it return back to the first slide.

Also noticed, that if the user holds their finger down on the screen long enough over the presentation, PowerPoint will show controls on the bottom (left/right arrows, close, etc.)  The close button works and this is not good.  This is the case when saving as a PPSX file or within PowerPoint using preview.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Carl

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-03T17:11:34+00:00

    I could not find anything where it says it is not supposed to work.

    Can you provide more information on how exactly you have setup the slides.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-16T14:40:04+00:00

    Dear needhelpwithcomputerintexas, 

    I too am having this problem on an inspiron computer 23" all in one touch screen that I'm trying to use for a tshirt decal browser kiosk.  I am having the same problem Carl is.  My slides are in wide format 16:9 and the touch function works in presenter view but not in kiosk mode.  I've used custom action buttons with textboxes overlaying them also hyperlinked to the same address as the action buttons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-19T14:46:48+00:00

    Hopefully one of the powerpoint mvps would help you out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-29T14:50:51+00:00

    Kiosk mode with touch screen capabilities is still non-functional.  To have a touch screen PowerPoint presentation in 2013 I'm currently forced to do it in non-kiosk mode. This allows the user to open up the menu at the bottom left by click-holding, which allows the user to close the presentation. This also allows the user to swipe from either side to go through my presentation linearly which is clearly not desired in a custom presentation.  

    This should be a high priority as it's a key functionality in PowerPoint.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-27T15:31:59+00:00

    The question is from December 2012. Something new about this problem ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments