PowerPoint 2013 - Kiosk Mode with Touch Enabled - Touch does not work with Mouse Click Action Configured on Text Boxes

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:53:37+00:00

When I create a PPT 2013 presentation with my Surface RT tablet that has touch mode enabled and has text Boxes labeled with menu selections with a mouse click action to go to a slide within the presentation based upon what the user chooses in the menu of the first slide. I am able to trigger the action with a mouse or touch.  When I enable kiosk mode, I loose the touch capability, only the mouse works.

I want to create a kiosk presentation with PowerPoint 2013 that has touch capability to start on the first slide via a menu with multiple paths in my PowerPoint presentation based on what the user wants to see and then have it return back to the first slide.

Also noticed, that if the user holds their finger down on the screen long enough over the presentation, PowerPoint will show controls on the bottom (left/right arrows, close, etc.)  The close button works and this is not good.  This is the case when saving as a PPSX file or within PowerPoint using preview.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Carl

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-19T20:55:48+00:00

    I have an issue with making custom motion paths in touchscreen mode. It will not let me at all whatsoever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-07-28T01:54:23+00:00

    Ryan -

    Apologies for the delay.  Yes, it in deed works!  I found out that the machine was not getting office updates.  Once applied it worked as you described.  Thanks much.

    Now on to other "glitches" and touch screen kiosks related items!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-07-21T00:04:40+00:00

    Ryan -

    I will check it again. My apologies for mixing up the YEAR!   It may take until next week for me to confirm but I will get back to you for usre. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-07-18T14:25:18+00:00

    I share all that to say thanks again, as this update really helps out.  I'll be watching for the September 2017 release for Office16.

    This should have been released in September 2016.  Can you verify that it is working?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-07-18T04:05:43+00:00

    Funny thing.

    Recently someone posted a somewhat similar question about mouse vs touch clicks not working in a Word macro.

    The more things change, the more they stay the same ...

    Word 2016, macros do not work on touch

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments