Sorry I bought Office 2013

Anonymous
2013-05-02T21:46:05+00:00

I think I made a huge mistake. At least, I see it as such right now. Maybe, someday, in the far distant future, I might think on it differently. I managed to get MS Office 2013. I hate it. I can't figure it out. They took all the functionality out of it. It opens to some stupid blue and white page that says Open, and has an arrow facing left. I can't find how to find my documents to view or work on. And that ugly, horrid, absolutely stupid "ribbon" is the worst mistake they have ever made -- except maybe for Vista. And there's something on here about "account". Whatever that is. When I did find a way to find a document to look at, half the page was taken up with that "ribbon" thing that is absolutely ugly and a waste of space. What was wrong with the nice little tool bar that had what was needed on it? Is there a way to set up my own personal toolbar? I haven't found a way yet. I tried to do a personalization, and manged to hide that ridiculous "ribbon" so it's not cluttering up my screen. I added the icons I want on the top, but when I click the folder that is supposed to show me my documents, it takes me out to that blue and white page, but not to the documents. I have to figure that out, someday. Otherwise, this is a complete waste of money. I really should demand my money back.  And I haven't even looked at Excel yet.

I'd love to get rid of the ribbon thing and get my toolbar back.  And, have a way of finding my documents without having 5 steps to get there.  I want to just open the little folder and have my documents there to search through.  Is there a way to do this?  If not, I would gladly trade Office 2013 for Office 2003!  At least that was a very functional, easy to use program.  This is one definitely not intuitive.  I'm not an amateur with computers.  I think of myself as being relatively competent.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T07:39:18+00:00

    LibreOffice works for me, bye bye Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-25T22:13:58+00:00

    Do you know whether this will fix the same problem in Word 2016?

    Thanks.

    Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-03T15:08:24+00:00

    Thank you. I just added this to my quick access toolbar.

    Much faster.

    Now if only there was a way to add recently imported files to the import file command, I could speed up a little on this horrible downgrade. (Went from 2003 to 2013 and not at all impressed to discover that I have to work in compatibility mode to retain all the edit drawing objects functions.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-23T18:42:17+00:00

    The Mac version of Office applications have the Menu bar. I hate using the Windows version at work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments