A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
This is insane. I shouldn't have to do any of this to use Office 2013.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I think I made a huge mistake. At least, I see it as such right now. Maybe, someday, in the far distant future, I might think on it differently. I managed to get MS Office 2013. I hate it. I can't figure it out. They took all the functionality out of it. It opens to some stupid blue and white page that says Open, and has an arrow facing left. I can't find how to find my documents to view or work on. And that ugly, horrid, absolutely stupid "ribbon" is the worst mistake they have ever made -- except maybe for Vista. And there's something on here about "account". Whatever that is. When I did find a way to find a document to look at, half the page was taken up with that "ribbon" thing that is absolutely ugly and a waste of space. What was wrong with the nice little tool bar that had what was needed on it? Is there a way to set up my own personal toolbar? I haven't found a way yet. I tried to do a personalization, and manged to hide that ridiculous "ribbon" so it's not cluttering up my screen. I added the icons I want on the top, but when I click the folder that is supposed to show me my documents, it takes me out to that blue and white page, but not to the documents. I have to figure that out, someday. Otherwise, this is a complete waste of money. I really should demand my money back. And I haven't even looked at Excel yet.
I'd love to get rid of the ribbon thing and get my toolbar back. And, have a way of finding my documents without having 5 steps to get there. I want to just open the little folder and have my documents there to search through. Is there a way to do this? If not, I would gladly trade Office 2013 for Office 2003! At least that was a very functional, easy to use program. This is one definitely not intuitive. I'm not an amateur with computers. I think of myself as being relatively competent.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is insane. I shouldn't have to do any of this to use Office 2013.
“One of the customizations I do to the QAT is to add the "Open Recent File" command to it. “
Of the 20-some buttons I added to the QAT in Office 2010, the one I used more than all the others put together was Open Recent File. My employer just force-fed us Office 2013, and the Open Recent File command has, apparently, gone away. I’m hoping you can tell me you found a way to get it back.
Given Rohn's experience that the command can be placed on the QAT in Word 2010, if you have Word 2010, you could save this as a QAT modification in a .dotx template and put that template in your Word 2013 Startup Folder.
I created such an Add-In (no macros). It can be downloaded from Open Recent File QAT Add-In for Word 2013.
Hi,
Sorry about your problem.
The thing is, the Office 365 subscription is an annual subscription in most cases. In all cases, it is by time, not number of uses.
If you only write letters, you might prefer OfficeLibre which is free.
I AM ONLY AN OCCASSIONAL USER OF OFFICE AND EVERYTIME I USE IT I AM TOLD MY SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED----ON DECEMBER--2013. I'VE USED IT PERHAPS 3 TIMSE FOR LETTERS.
THIS BORDERS ON THE REDICULOUS. WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MICROSOFT?
PLEASE FIX IT OR CREDIT MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!
GEORGEH. HOWARD
Thanks for the info. You’re right, this is better than nothing (at least I can read the whole filename), but it’s not as useful as the OpenRecentFile command. That showed many more lines per page, plus it showed recent folders.
Microsoft had already invested the effort to write the command and design an icon for it, what did they gain by removing that single command from a list that has about 1748 other commands?